We Are Accepting New Patients
A Nurse Practitioner-Led clinic (NPLC) in Ontario is an innovative primary health care delivery model funded by Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, in which Nurse Practitioners (NPs) are the lead providers of care within an interprofessional health team. NPLCs improve access to care and focus on the quality of care through enhanced health promotion, disease prevention, chronic disease management and other ailments for clients of all ages that do not currently have a primary health care provider.
What is a Nurse Practitioner?
What does a NP do at HF Connecting Health NPLC?
- Provide services in English, Cantonese, Mandarin and Tamil. Interpretation services are available if needed
- Diagnose illnesses and injuries
- Perform health wellness annual check-ups
- Order and interpret laboratory, diagnostic and other screening tests
- Provide holistic counseling and education
- Prescribe medications and immunizations
- Perform minor office procedures such as Pap test, ear irrigation, suture and etc.
- Manage stable chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, COPD, asthma and mental illnesses
- Manage pre- and postnatal care and well baby visits
- Refer clients to other health care professionals and specialists as needed